For the sake of the environment
Schon lange liegt es uns am Herzen nicht nur im Privaten, sondern auch in unserem unternehmerischen Handeln, unserer Verantwortung gegenüber der Umwelt gerecht zu werden und umweltschonend und ressourcensparend zu wirtschaften. Zu Beginn 2019 fiel der Startschuss zu We go green, als Zeichen unseres Vorhabens. Wir haben uns als Ziel gesetzt bewusster To live up our corporate responsibility we have set ourselves the goal of operating in an environmentally friendly an resource-saving manner. We want to be more conscious with the products that we process and the way we organise ourselves and the hotel. That‘s why we have planned operational changes and are constantly developing and working on them. Step by step...
The following list below shows what has happened so far:
- With the exception of our wines we only have regional or fair trades drinks with a social backgroud (for example Viva con Agua or LemonAid)
- For our breakfast snack we mostly use homemade products from organic ingrediants
- In all of our rooms you‘ll find fair trade and locally made soap and shampoo in refillable bottles
(„stop the water“ products are also available in our shop on the ground floor)
- The organic waste becomes a valuable fertilizer in our compost in the cellar
(for more information visit www.wurmkiste.at)
- Reduction of plastic packaging and cling film by using sustainable boxes or materials
(the sustainable wrap from „gaia wrap“ is available in our shop)
- Reduction of residual waste through consistent waste separation into paper, plastic, organic, glass and residual waste. Our guests have different bins at their disposal on each floor.
- During the ongoing renovation we pay attention to the use of sustainable materials
- Sale of products from local companies and designers from hamburg
- Reward system for arriving by train or waiving daily room cleaning
For more information feel free to contact us or follow us on Instagram or Facebook.